Delighting our taste buds, isn't all garlic is good for. Garlic contains sulfur compounds called alliin and allicin which are responsible for garlic's potent antifungal and antibacterial actions. It also contains vitamin A, C, E and selenium.
This food is particularly beneficial for the respiratory, circulatory and immune systems in our body.
- Cardiovascular Benefits
- aids in thinning blood
- supports blood pressure within the healthy range
- support cholesterol within the health range
- stimulates circulation
- protective to the cardiovascular system
- Respiratory Benefits
- supports decongestion
- helps expel mucus
- helps with fluid on the lungs
- aid the body in fighting infections
- Immune Benefits
- soothes sore throats
- supportive to tooth discomfort
- soothes ear discomfort
- supports sinus discomfort
Garlic can be used several ways. The simplest is to add raw garlic to your cooking. You can also use it topically by placing a garlic clove next to your ear or throat for discomfort. Lastly, you can take garlic oil in a capsule to boost immunity, cardiovascular and respiratory challenges.
This week, save $6.50 on any bottle of garlic oil at the Country Cupboard in Fairbury! Sale price -$16.49