SERIOUSLY? SLEEP DOES THAT?
Not that I was a skeptic by any means. I know that sleep is greatly beneficial to your health. But getting to bed by 10:00 always felt like effort. And that meant that sleep had to be enough of a priority to make the effort. So I started a sleep challenge with an accountability partner. If I was in bed by 10:00, I got to put a sticker on my calendar. That might sound childish, but truly it's the visual tracking of the process that made it motivating.
- More motivation. It was so much easier to do tasks that seemed challenging.
- Better focus. I got so much more done during the day.
- More energy. Woohoo! That's a big win!
- Less brain fog. It was so much easier to have a vision for the day and see what needed to get done.
After two months of this same sleep schedule, this is what I noticed in addition to the things above:
- Less weight! Yes! Letting your body detox and restore (especially between 10-12 pm) contributes to weight loss.
- Less cravings and emotional eating! More balanced blood sugar equals less cravings and being more rested meant my body didn't need as much fuel to keep me going.
So is sleep worth it? YES! And what's so great about all this is that it's FREE! I have so many people tell me that they don't have the money to focus on their health. But all this takes is a desire, some accountability and motivation.
Yes, sleep is medicine.
Take a deeper dive into sleep hacks and benefits in my personalized wellness coaching packages! To learn more, schedule a discovery call to see if we are a good fit for each other.