HEADACHES- WHAT THEY ARE TELLING YOU.
Let's consider some of the messages our bodies may be communicating to us through headaches.
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- For females, if headaches are monthly or bi- monthly they can be from imbalances with your hormones. Generally if you have headaches during ovulation or just before getting your period, it's due to a rapid drop in estrogen and is likely linked to an estrogen/progesterone imbalance. Headaches several days after your period starts and with heavy bleeding can be due to low iron.
- Many headaches are stress related. These are frequently at the base of the neck, shoulders or discomfort in the jaw area. Pausing to see if you are holding tension in these areas can give you an indicator if stress levels are causing tension to build.
- Stress in the form of lack of sleep can also contribute to headaches.
- Environmental toxins, chemicals, artificial fragrances or foods that your body is sensitive to can all lead to headaches. When the liver becomes overwhelmed with toxins, it will often alert the body by producing a headache. Keeping a journal of where you spend your day, what you were exposed to and what you ate can help you identify toxins that you are sensitive to so you can eliminate exposures.
- Mineral Imbalances
- Magnesium loss and copper & sodium excess can all lead to headaches. A Hair Tissue Mineral Analysis can help you identify if mineral imbalance is a factor.
Our bodies are complex and often there is more than one cause for persistent headaches. If these simple suggestions don't get you the results you want, it might be time to dig deeper.
I offer a Personalized Wellness Program that consists of a comprehensive personal health assessment, specialized testing and regular check ins over the course of six month to create a custom wellness plan.
For those of you who are frustrated with the guess and check approach and not getting the results you want, this will give you data to uncover root causes and find a solution that makes a difference!