Stress isn't just something we deal with. It's the major cause of most health problems! We probably all know that stress isn't good for us and we should do something to manage it but what should we do?
Sometimes our stress is obvious but are there times where our bodies are stressed that we don't even realize it? Our body constantly gives us signals to tell us what it needs. We just have to listen. Stress can be manifested by:
- weight gain- especially in the belly area
- sleep disturbances
- insulin dependency
- sugar cravings
- feeling overwhelmed
- heart palpitations
- digestive discomfort
- hormone imbalances
As I've felt the impacts of increased stress in the last few months, I've had to increase my stress management skills. These are a few my favorite go-tos:
- Avoid sugar and eat whole foods
- Exercise daily
- Journal and take time to be still!
- Supplement with magnesium, B-Complex, Nervous Fatigue and Ashwaganda (all available at the Country Cupboard)
- Sleep 7-8 hours every night
If you give your body what it needs, it will heal itself! Do yourself a favor and give your body some self care!