January-that time of year when the holiday festivities leave us feeling a few pounds heavier, a little more brain fogged and a little less energetic than we'd like to be. It's a New Year and a great time to reset our routines and choices!
- DE-STRESS- Start with noticing signs that indicate you are stressed. Even better is to make a list of these things. Focus on awareness of when you are stressed and listening to your body.
- Make a list of 10 things you truly enjoy that you feel refreshed and renewed after doing. As you become increasingly aware of when you are stressed, pull out your list and spend 10-15 minutes de-stressing.
- EXERCISE- Just 15 minutes of movement every day, especially outside will help to balance your hormones, increase your energy and mood. Talk a walk in the snow, go sledding, ice skating or a bike ride when the weather is good.
- GET YOUR SLEEP- Getting 7-8 hours of sleep every night is foundation to everything! Your weight, ability to detox, mood, energy, hormone balance, stress levels and even digestion!
- Set a sleep and wake time and stay within an hour of that time frame to regulate your circadian rhythms. Take the 30-60 minutes before bed to turn off all screens, do some reading, journaling, devotions, gratitude or a relaxing bath with essential oils.
- If falling asleep or staying asleep is hard for you, try Serenity softgels. They promote deep and restful sleep and are truly amazing!
- DRINK WATER- Drinking water hydrates your skin, improves digestion and elimination, reduces feelings of hunger and calorie intake and helps flush out toxins. Half your body weight in ounces daily is the general recommendation
- REDUCE SUGAR- The average American consumes 22 teaspoons of added sugar daily! Sugar slows down your immune system, increases inflammation, creates brain fog and drains your energy. It's also contributes to heart disease, fatty liver, diabetes and cancer.