Here are the Top 6 Benefits of Zinc:
1. Supports Immune Function- Improves macrophage, neutrophil and natural killer cell activity
2. Encourages Digestive Absorption- Helps break down amino acids and carbohydrates
3. Helps Balance Hormones and Improves Fertility- Needed for the creation and release of healthy eggs, supports healthy testosterone levels, and needed for the production of estrogen and progesterone
4. Balances Blood Sugar- It binds to insulin and then allows insulin to be released from the pancreas when glucose enters the bloodstream
5. Supports Heart Health- Supports healthy circulation, inflammation and nourishes the lining of blood vessels
6. Powerful Antioxidant for the Eyes and Liver- Encourages healthy cell division and fights oxidative stress, slows down vision loss and macular degeneration, support healthy inflammation in the liver and promotes healthy elimination
My favorite brand of Zinc is Nature's Sunshine. You can purchase it at the Country Cupboard in Fairbury for $19.15 or online here.